Graphic DesignerSali Christeson @ 2021-05-04 19:02:01 -0700
New York City | Creative Team | Reports to Creative Director
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our growing team who is passionate about all things design: from email and website updates, to print and packaging, to brand development, retail design, and content creation—this role will execute on a variety of design problems. Must be collaborative, conceptual, willing to learn new design disciplines, and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
This role reports directly to the Creative Director, and is a full-time role based in our New York City Headquarters.
- Provide support to Creative Director in the creation of design across a variety of mediums: retail, social, email, web, print, packaging, etc.
- Keep up to date on trends in design, branding, art, advertising, and fashion.
- Apply design skills and creativity to complex business problems from conception to production.
- Be a proactive problem solver by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication and design.
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Argent’s brand vision.
- Partner and collaborate with other team members to unite the visual brand guidelines and consistency across design and any assets.
- Create social content including graphics, illustrations, and typography.
- Production work for digital, and print assets, as well as photo retouching notes.
Who you are
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities.
- Results driven with a can-do and positive attitude and abundance of optimism.
- Highly adept in your approach to problem solving while being known for delivering creative solutions.
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Possesses empathy, kindness, humility, and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 3+ years of experience in a Graphic Designer role for ecomm, an agency, or in-house creative team.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Well organized, detailed, and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge a must. Lightroom, after effects and any others are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Sketch.
- Strong typography and layout skills.
- Experience creating gifs and/or animation a plus.
- Knowledge of packaging dielines a plus.
- Experience in spatial or retail design a plus.
- Must have a resume and an online portfolio of work to be considered.
What we offer
- A positive, enthusiastic, and passionate team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Health benefits for eligible employees.
- Paid vacation and holidays for eligible employees.
- Clothing discount.