Director of RetailSali Christeson @ 2021-11-11 07:31:58 -0800
New York City | Retail Team | Reports to CEO
We are looking for an experienced Director of Retail to lead the strategy and performance of our direct-to-consumer physical retail channel. You have a passion for creating industry leading consumer experiences as well as the proven ability to successfully manage fast retail growth. You own the P&L and are responsible for strategy and execution of all aspects of retail, including store experience, staffing and operations, revenue growth and profitability.
As a leader in the organization, this individual will play a key role in driving the company culture through a customer-first mindset, fostering cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the continuous evolution of creating the best product in the industry.
This role reports directly to the CEO, and is a full-time role based in our New York City Headquarters.
- Develop a best-in-class consumer retail experience.
- Own the physical retail channel sales and P&L, take a data driven approach to management including KPI reporting weekly, monthly, seasonally.
- Lead the strategy of store experience and design.
- Drive efficient retail operations with focus on staffing and training programs that inspire high-achieving retail store teams.
- Collaborate with eCommerce team on customer acquisition initiatives as well as online to offline direct-to-consumer experiences.
- Collaborate with the buying team to seasonally plan inventory, store assortments and manage in-season allocations.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing teams to develop and execute the annual marketing strategy.
- Lead visual merchandising strategy, planning and in-store execution for the retail channel.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to lead the effort of expanding Argent owned stores in key strategic markets.
- Collaborate with brand marketing and local partners to build community through experiences and strategic partnerships.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting for the retail channel.
Who you are
- Strong customer-first thinker.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a high-growth environment.
- Strategic; but enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working in the business.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and hardworking with a positive attitude.
- A problem solver.
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning and listening to others.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Enjoy building and leading programs and teams.
- Strong people skills.
- 10+ years of experience in retail leadership roles demonstrating increased role and responsibility.
- 5+ years experience working for a brand in HQ.
- Strong product knowledge and understanding of competitive landscape.
- High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Passionate about the brand mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to New York City.
What we offer
- A positive, enthusiastic, and passionate team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Health benefits for eligible employees.
- Paid vacation and holidays for eligible employees.
- Clothing discount.